Wednesday, June 18, 2008

CHINA WATER ENTERS PHASE TWO!!

Greetings! It's been a month now, a full month, and for a month I've been essentially selecting and sharing news reports on the water situation in China and surrounding areas. Although I did this in part to test my commitment to the project, having passed that test, it's now time for a change. For the next month, I plan to take some of the time I've spent on sharing news and using it to develop myself in other areas related to the China water situation. Some of this will not be readily visible on the blog, at least not at first. For instance, I intend to spend time working on translating water related articles from the Chinese and reading more on behind the scenes and developing deeper background knowledge. I have some ideas for original content for the site. I wish to familiarize myself further with several of the on-line resources that I have discovered over the last month.

A blog is several things. One is a way to show public commitment to an issue or field. Another, however, is that occasionally a blog becomes a trap, an end in itself, something that becomes done whether it serves a purpose or not. Clearly this is undesirable.

Readers of this blog are encouraged to contact me or comment on what's out there. Should it appear that there is a slowing of commitment to this project, please understand that there is not. There has merely been a shifting of energies, and much of these energies are going to China water related projects that do not have an immediate, visible effect on the website. Instead, it is hoped that the effects of these off-web China water related projects will have a long-term, positive effect on the quality of this blog. But there will be a slowing of new content on this blog.

As they say in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, "Don't panic and bring a towel!"

China water blog is improving. but for the next month much of these improvements will be off scene and not visible on the net.

Please stay tuned, and let me know what you think please.

No comments: